Powered By Blogger

Monday 13 June 2011

An oldy Running for Breast Cancer Research. Please support.

Hi everyone

As some of you may know, I have been training for taking part in the Race for Life at Temple Newsam park on June 24th.  For most normal people, running 5km is just a little training jog but because I am absolutely useless (I mean total pants) at running, I have been training hard just to make it to the end! Jim has been training with me and I have yet to punch him as he jogs happily beside me, always half a step in front just to rub it in.  This lack of violence on my part, is in itself a major feat so training is progressing well and I am determined to make it in a good time.  To make matters worse, my fellow runners are half my age and love running so I have images of my PhD student skipping circles around me as I pound along, red in the face, thinking of my glass of wine at the end.
We have set up a just giving web page in Laura’s name and she has set a modest target between 4 of us but I would really like to smash that target, since we running for a number of friends who have suffered from breast cancer and this is very important to us all.

Please would you be willing to sponsor me  - I would really appreciate it.
The web page is

Thanks so much for this.

Love
Susiexx

No comments:

Post a Comment