Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 July 2011

We are Grandparents

Our motto is “Bringing Families Together” with the best interests of the child at its core.  When the kids say to me “what do you want for Christmas granddad” I tell them “I don’t need anything, I have got you lot”.   Every grandparent I know is the same. At our age all we want is peace and happiness for all our family. As I said the children are our priority and when we see children are not treated properly it motivates us to do something about it.  Grandparents are not career minded (well at least I’m not) so the only pursuit I have is to make things fairer for our family.

 

Thousands of grandparents have contacted me with problems of being ignored by the social system regards their grandchildren. The system says they do consider grandparents but all these grandparents can’t be wrong. Family harmony is top of our list. This needs investigating.  Numerous times have I heard from older people how they are afraid to out at night or even open their doors because of the gangs that are about?    I firmly believe this is the result of children not being treated properly. Forced adoption the care system all are well know for producing children who by being taken from their family become bitter and unmanageable and have low self esteem and often become non-achievers and so join gangs for that family feeling they were dragged away from when they were young.

 

We want to encourage kinship care, more use of grandparents and extended family rather than care or adoption. The start children have in life is extremely important if the child is to grow up into good citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment